Bilboard

Previous Blogs - Blog #1     Blog #2

Widg

Full screen - press [F11]
David Ben Gurion : ---- " If you believe in ISRAEL, you can't call yourself - ATHEIST "!... "In Israel, in order to be a realist you must believe in miracles" ... Ada,this one is for you!... "The knowledge of how to FEAR what ought to be feared and how not to FEAR what ought not to be feared is called - COURAGE"... "Anyone who believes you can't change HISTORY has never tried to write his MEMORIES"... "I don't know what the people WANT ! All I know is what they NEED"... " Well done, now give it back to them." ( Spoken to Louis Nir in June 1967, after his unit captured Hebron in the Six-Day War )... "UM - SHMUM" ( The UN - Bla Bla Bla ! ) ... "If an expert says it can't be done, get another expert"...

Thursday, April 19, 2012

R.I.P. Ima

.
.

.
Video transcript
 .
01:13 
O.K. - Let me tell you a few things about "Ima"...
I see all my life as a present.
I don't exactly believe in somebody 'up there'...
Now, the biggest present I got and my biggest luck was that I met "Ima".
You know that marriage is like a lottery...
At the beginning you may be in-loved and enthusiastic about some one, and after some time you discover that "it" isn't it!"...
People change, they see things differently... and the end isn't always guarantied
01:59
We were a bit "old fashioned life"... of all the people we have met, we stayed together for more then 60 years, and that's why I feel so fortunate.
Firstly, the fact that I have survived... OK - I didn't die in a concentration camp, not in 43 and not in 45 when I was with the Partisans, I remained alive.
My biggest fortune was when I met "Ima".
02:45
Let me tell you about her (before we have met).
Tina's basic character, was Courage! Courage! and heroism with no limits!. I haven't seen such bravery in females or males!...She was very brave & strong!
03:18
At the age of 15, she became an orphan with 4 younger brothers & sisters.
Of course, the social services in Sushak offered to take her 2 brothers & 2 sisters... "you can't manage with 4 kids alone!"...
She insisted to leave the family intact!
She managed alone!
She worked and got some assistance from the community, and raised all four of them until adulthood.
Later, both brothers perished as victims of WW2.
Her little brother,Slavko (17 AM), joined the Partisans and the 'Ustasha" (Croat Fascists) slaughtered him right at the beginning in 1943.
Her second brother, Vlado (Vladimir), was an officer in Tito's secret service "OZNA", (Pre "NKVD"! AM)
He was a Communist, and idealist, who fought for justice & equality...
After a while, he saw Tito's "Equality"... and as the head of "Wounded Veterans Association", (Vlado himself was full of bullets! AM) was refused assistance for his comrades!
 (Vlado, shot himself in 1955. AM)
06:45
 Safta's heroic act, of which you have seen at the end, but Alex saw it from the beginning - was her decision (without questions or hesitation) to come with me and little Alex, from a place which wasn't good but which she knew perfectly well - and suddenly here... among Jews, Zionists, Israel, Arabs...
people told her:- "You are crazy! You will be slaughtered!"...
Without any question, not a moment of hesitation, she agreed to my crazy idea to move from Europe to Asia... 
07:42
At the beginning it was extremely hard for us. Alex knows it.
There was no "Absorption grant" then, Our first shelter was a room at some Yugoslav lady's home whose husband was in the US...
I was looking for a job for a month with financial difficulties, and finally got one in "Stella Maris". (Navy HQ - AM)
08:50
 I'm telling you all that, to show you what your Grandma went through with me...
 and always in HIGH SPIRIT (En!)
.
CameraMoron's remarks were omitted!...

 .
Thank you Aba.
.

2 comments:

  1. How beautiful, Alex!

    Your mother was a great lady. A brave lady.

    Shalom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, AOW.

    She was a real character and a great Mom!
    I miss her a lot!

    Thank you for your kind words.

    Alex.

    ReplyDelete

Polite comments will be responded to politely;
however, if you use a knife, then I will use WMD!